Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
- Strategy and planning
- Design and engineering
- Project management and delivery
- Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
- Varied and challenging work
- Ongoing training and development
- Leadership opportunities
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
The overarching objective of the Manager, Culture & Wellbeing role is to drive a values based culture across every aspect of our business, so that we attract and retain the best talent and become known for being an exceptional place to work. The role encompasses recruitment, retention, staff engagement and the wellbeing of the team based on the strategic direction set by the Managing Director / Deputy Managing Director.
- Lead and manage all human resource functions throughout the business to provide relevant and responsive frameworks and procedures to support the effective functioning of the business.
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative high performing organisational culture by building employee and organisational capability based on strategic direction set by the Managing Director/Deputy Managing Director.
- Provide sound and expert advice to senior managers on operational people matters, risks, issues and trends to keep managers informed and supported including coaching managers in relation to change management, engagement, and workforce planning issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and standards.
- Provide leadership and supervise the performance of the People and Culture team by setting clear work objectives, assessing performance, providing feedback, and development and coaching to build employee capability.
- Manage complex workplace people issues including grievances, performance improvement, conduct and other investigations, disciplinary matters to build a harmonious and productive working environment.
- Identify, analyse and review emerging people and culture policy issues and trends, review and interpret relevant areas of research and provide evidence-based and industry best practice recommendations.
Oversee the recruitment needs of the business including:
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screening resumes
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organisation structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
- Managing Director
- Deputy Managing Director
- Director – Professional Development, Culture and Wellbeing
- Technical Leadership Group
- Practice Area Leads
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrow’s challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney) (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Competitive Remuneration Package
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today.
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.