Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
• Strategy and planning
• Design and engineering
• Project management and delivery
• Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
• Varied and challenging work
• Ongoing training and development
• Leadership opportunities
• Equality, diversity and inclusion
• Supportive and nurturing working policies
We are currently seeking a part-time Offer Coordinator working with the Offer Manager and wider Clients & Market team to ensure the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary offers for our fast-growing business.
This opportunity offers the applicant a chance to work closely with the Offer Manager and get ‘hands-on’ experience with developing winning bid strategies, influencing commercial aspects on offers ensuring competitiveness, be actively involved with post-tender negotiations and eventually grow into the Offer Manager role.
- Manage the offer process ensuring all steps are being followed and appropriate approvals / sign-off have been obtained in a timely manner
- Ensure all contracts/commercial conditions are reviewed and approved by the Managing Director (or delegate)
- Ensure timely delivery of technically compliant and commercially sound offers
- Work under tight deadlines, respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities to meet submission timelines
- Coordinate offer teams to create offer strategies and seek technical input from the Practice Areas and Technical Directors, as required
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills to and actively contributing to proposals both in terms of content and presentation
- Manage the Middleton Group account on various tender portals, tracking all relevant opportunities and responding to chosen opportunities within the nominated timeframes
- Actively contribute to Middleton Group’s continuous improvement process by reviewing and updating existing offer management process as well as proposal templates
- Assist with marketing tasks including but not limited to updating capability sheets, CV’s, project sheets, etc.
- Develop client relationships and promote Middleton Group and its team capabilities
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrows challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Formal graduate development program
- Competitive Remuneration Package
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- Previous experience in Bid Support/Project co-ordination – no less than 2 years preparing bids and tenders
- Experience in the construction and/or engineering industry
- Experience of working within an engineering environment
- Display an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work collaboratively in small, dynamic teams
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to quality and risk management concepts
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Office/Adobe skills
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today!
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!
Application closing date: Wednesday 30th of June.
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.