Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
• Strategy and planning
• Design and engineering
• Project management and delivery
• Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
• Varied and challenging work
• Ongoing training and development
• Leadership opportunities
• Equality, diversity and inclusion
• Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
We are looking for a Principal Primary Engineer to provide overall oversight, leadership and management of our client and market interfaces and strategies. This role involves a distinguished record of creativity and innovation and advanced engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Primary substation design including earthing, power cable engineering, TRV studies, insulation coordination studies
- Working knowledge of generation, transmission and distribution power systems
- Selection of circuit breakers, switchgear and other electrical equipment, EMF field analysis and mitigation design, and the development of earthing and transformer specifications
- Work on multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions that advance the technical field
- Long-range strategic planning that effects the success of the company’s mission
- Results have a prolonged impact on the company’s mission. Performance affects the Company’s reputation
- Manage large organization with multiple projects and budgets
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrows challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Formal graduate development program
- Competitive Remuneration Package
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- 15 years of relevant industry experience
- Show proficiency level for technical tasks associated with relevant practice area
- Able to effectively train people outside his/her workgroup
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high-level customers and effectively represent workgroup on review panels and cross-organizational teams
- Can write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today.
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
Application closing date: Wednesday 30th of June.
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.