Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
- Strategy and planning
- Design and engineering
- Project management and delivery
- Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
- Varied and challenging work
- Ongoing training and development
- Leadership opportunities
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Earthing Engineer to assist with supporting and growing Middleton Group’s earthing team. The senior earthing engineer is responsible for technical leadership of earthing design and testing projects for the utility, rail, renewable, industrial, defence, and water markets throughout Australasia.
- Earthing system testing and analysis for large interconnected systems across all market sectors.
- Develop and maintain client relationships with an understanding of their complex earthing requirements.
- Working with CDEGS specialist earthing design software and the ability to guide and mentor younger team members.
- Experience in design of small to large industrial and utility style earthing systems.
- Familiarity with a wide range of earthing systems across multiple market segments.
- Works on multiple projects of the highest complexity requiring best practices and innovative solutions.
- Planning of multiple projects including tracking and budgeting.
Technical Depth & Breadth:
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge along with ingenuity and creativity in developing design and project solutions.
- Applies advanced solutions, earthing principles, theories and concepts in HV earthing engineering.
- Broad knowledge and ability to apply earthing principles to complex problems.
- Recognized as a technical expert within the professional community of their area of expertise.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise and the application of earthing principles in complex problem solving.
Guidance / Initiative:
- Self -supervising within guidance and expectations of team and project management.
- Provides guidance to several groups within the organization.
- Acts independently at the organizational level with outcomes reviewed by team/project lead.
- Exercises independent initiative and judgment in setting and implementing goals.
Communication / Interpersonal Skills:
- Able to effectively train people outside their direct team or project group.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high level customers and effectively represent team or project group on review panels and cross-organizational teams.
- Able to write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption.
- Managing Director
- Director – Sustainable Growth
- Technical Directors
- Practice Area Lead
- Job Directors
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrow’s challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney) (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Competitive Remuneration Package
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) + minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.