Last updated: 12/03/2021
Purpose of this policy
Middleton Group Engineering Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”), whose registered office is at L10, 350 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 and/or Tower 2 Darling Park, L20, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, operates http://www.middletongroup.com.au (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Terminology used in this policy
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our website or parts of our website.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Middleton Group Engineering Pty Ltd.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the website such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Middleton Group to perform services related to the website or to assist Middleton Group in analysing how the website is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the website.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Middleton Group, accessible from https://www.middletongroup.com.au/
- You means the individual accessing or using the website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
Information collection and use
Type of data collected
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
By submitting a Contact form in our Contact Us page, you will be providing us with certain personal information, which may include your name, e-mail address and any other details you include in the form. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the website. Usage data may include information such as Your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Some cookies are session cookies, which mean that they are created only for the time of your visit and are deleted when you leave the website. Other cookies (“persistent cookies”) remain on your device for a period of time specified in the cookie. Persistent cookies are activated each time that you visit the website that created that particular cookie so that the site remembers who you are when you return and can personalise the site for your use.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. You can find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Use of personal information
Any personal details that you provide as a result of accessing the Site, sending email or submitting a contact form will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request or enquiry and website optimisation. A list of possible uses of your personal information includes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, services, marketing and your experience.
Your details will only be accessible and used by personnel dealing directly with your request. We do not use or disclose any personal details that you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may share personal information with related companies or with contractors performing services for Middleton Group which are required by Middleton Group to comply with this policy. Middleton Group will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, Middleton Group‘s policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with consent or where we are required by law to do so.
Retention and disposal of information
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Updating personal information
Please let us know if your details change and we will make every effort to keep any personal information held up to date and accurate.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.