Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
- Strategy and planning
- Design and engineering
- Project management and delivery
- Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
- Varied and challenging work
- Ongoing training and development
- Leadership opportunities
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
We are looking for a driven senior power systems engineer to focus on power systems modeling studies and analysis for new solar farms, wind farms, BESS, and hybrid generator connections throughout Australia, using tools such as PSS®E, PSCAD, and DIgSILENT PowerFactory.
- Power system analysis for utility-scale networks including steady state and dynamic system studies.
- Working with DigSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, PSS/E, and the ability to guide and mentor younger team members.
- Experience of the generator connection process in Australia or a similar regulatory environment.
- Familiarity with a wide range of synchronous and non-synchronous connections for a wide range of technologies including storage.
- Works on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront-of-the-field, innovative solutions.
- Long range planning on multiple major projects including tracking and budgeting.
- Results have a critical impact on the objectives and goals of the company.
- Responsible for multiple major projects and budgets.
Technical Depth & Breadth:
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge along with ingenuity and creativity in developing design and project solutions.
- Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts in electrical and control systems engineering.
- Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty.
- Recognized as a technical expert within the professional community of their area of expertise.
- Possess a working knowledge of control and instrumentation equipment and systems used in process industries.
Guidance / Initiative:
- Self -supervising within guidance and expectations of team and project management.
- Provides guidance to several groups within the organization.
- Acts independently at the organizational level with outcomes reviewed by team/project lead.
- Exercises independent initiative and judgment in setting and implementing goals.
Communication / Interpersonal Skills:
- Able to effectively train people outside their direct team or project group.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high level customers and effectively represent team or project group on review panels and cross-organizational teams.
- Able to write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption.
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrow’s challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney) (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Competitive Remuneration Package
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- Have at least 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- Show proficiency level for technical tasks associated with relevant practice area
- Be able to effectively train people outside his/her workgroup
- Be able to give effective presentations to critical/high-level customers and effectively represent workgroup on review panels and cross-organizational teams
- Can write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption
- Target utilisation average is 80%+
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today.
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!
Application closing date: Friday 29th of April 2022.
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.