Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
• Strategy and planning
• Design and engineering
• Project management and delivery
• Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
• Varied and challenging work
• Ongoing training and development
• Leadership opportunities
• Equality, diversity and inclusion
• Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Power System Engineer to perform technical, engineering and management tasks for projects to the required professional standards and within the required timeframes, together provide oversight, leadership and management of our client and market interfaces for assigned project work.
- Power system analysis for utility-scale networks including steady-state and dynamic system studies
- Working with DigSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, PSS/E, and the ability to guide and mentor younger team members
- Experience of the generator connection process in Australia or a similar regulatory environment
- Familiarity with a wide range of synchronous and non-synchronous connections for a wide range of technologies including storage
- Working on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront of-the-field, innovative solutions
- Long-range planning on multiple major projects including tracking and budgeting
- Results have a critical impact on the objectives and goals of the company
- Responsible for multiple major projects and budgets
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrows challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Formal graduate development program
- Competitive Remuneration Package
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Show proficiency level for technical tasks associated with relevant practice area
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge along with ingenuity and creativity in developing design and project solutions
- Develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts in electrical and control systems engineering
- Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their speciality
- Recognized as a technical expert within the professional community of their area of expertise
- Possess a working knowledge of control and instrumentation equipment and systems used in process industries
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today!
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!
Application closing date: Wednesday 30th of June.
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.