Middleton Group is an Australian owned and operated consultancy, with a team of engineers and project managers, who thrive on solving complex power and energy challenges through innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. We specialise in all the major engineering market segments including transportation, sustainable energy, industrial and power utilities. Our services include:
- Strategy and planning
- Design and engineering
- Project management and delivery
- Operations and maintenance
We believe it is our responsibility to create a sustainable energy future for our communities. We understand that it is incumbent upon every individual within our organisation to help our local industry partners and communities to move toward sustainable power usage and renewable energy.
At Middleton Group, we aim to develop future leaders for the industry in a collaborative environment and strive to create an exceptional place to work for our people. Working with us, you will benefit from:
- Varied and challenging work
- Ongoing training and development
- Leadership opportunities
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supportive and nurturing working policies
About this opportunity
This role is to provide primary/structural design drafting on utility and private substation projects ranging from 3.3kV to 500 kV. Typical design drafting elements include indoor and outdoor switchgear, cable reticulation, prefabricated switch room buildings, and overhead lines.
- Lead the development of 3D/BIM capability within MG
- Lead the development of and commit to continuous improvement of systems and processes to effectively manage CAD documentation on projects
- Have a working knowledge of working on electrical infrastructure projects, incl. cross-discipline dependencies between electrical, civil, structural and building services.
- Work with the team to produce engineering drawings suitable, as needed, for concept, tender or detailed design sketches
- Ensure the overall quality and consistency of all drawings produced by the Company
- Lead the development of (and eventually manage) a sustainable supply chain for outsourcing drafting work, including ensuring quality of outsourced or delegated work
- Be responsible for developing engineering drawings compliant with client standards and document management systems
- Be responsible for drafting compliance checks before a design package is released to the client
Technical Depth & Breadth:
- Proficient at AutoCAD – 2D and 3D
- A working knowledge of various document management systems including ProjectWise, Teambinder, Aconex etc.
- A working knowledge of BIM environment
Guidance / Initiative:
- Self -supervising within guidance and expectations of divisional management.
- Provides guidance to several groups of the organization.
- Acts independently at the organizational level. Outcomes reviewed by organizational head.
- Exercises independent initiative/ judgment in setting & implementing goals.
Communication / Interpersonal Skills:
- Able to effectively train people outside his/her work group.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high level customers and effectively represent work group on review panels and cross-organizational teams.
- Engineering Team
- Practice Area Leads
- Team Leads
Benefits of working with us
- Grow your career under the guidance and support of ‘best in industry’ technical experts
- Enjoy the freedom to develop and create solutions to tomorrow’s challenges
- Be exposed to varied and challenging work
- Work with a great team who are all committed to the same goals as you
- Enjoy working within our modern office environment (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Access broader industry expertise where required through our extensive professional networks, sub-consultants and partners
- Enjoy direct day-to-day interaction with our clients and partners
- Enjoy flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Flexible working locations (Offices in Melbourne and Sydney) (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Professional annual memberships paid for (i.e. CPEng, EA, EESA)
- Competitive Remuneration Package
Education & Experience
- 5+ years relevant drafting experience.
- Experience with electrical drafting, including substations and overhead lines.
- Experience with civil and structural / building layouts and sections
Target utilisation is average 80%+
How to apply
If you want to develop your career with us, apply online today.
To apply directly, simply submit your CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
Middleton Group thrives to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences are welcomed.